For external gear motors
Ira Fan Drive is a new range of vehicle cooling systems designed for external gear motors. These types of motors are widely used in modern hydraulics thanks to their performance, long life service and low maintenance costs. An electrohydraulic Fan Drive offers significant advantages if compared with traditional solutions with electric or belt drives. Maximum performance is achieved by combining the Fan Drive system with the fully-programmable IRA electronic control units.
Our range of solutions includes an electronic board that communicates in analogic or digital mode with the endothermic motor through the Can network communication bus and in compliance with J1939 standards. The board handles up to four resistive-type temperature sensors simultaneously.
The Fan Drive system consists of:
- a hydraulic gear motor with reversible fixed displacement
- a Fan-Drive-operated manifold which consists of:
- a special NG6 directional valve for soft direction change
- a non-return valve to avoid a hydraulic motor cavitation during reversing or when the electric oil-pressure circuit stops.
- a max. proportional valve – which can invert work direction despite the settings. The valve is driven by an electronic board designed for the “fan drive” function. It controls the rotation speed of the hydraulic motor by means of on-board sensors.
- a max. mechanical valve to threshold the operating pressure of the hydraulic motor.
- FAN DRIVE TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
- Board power supply 12/24V DC
- Electrical power 120W @12V DC / 240W @24V DC
- Protection for ESD 26KV
- Protection for polarity reversal
- Output ON-OFF positive input 12 V DC – MAX 5A
- Output PWM positive input 12V DC – MAX 5A
- Analog input 0-5V DC
- Resistive inputs – input with 2000-ohm divider resistance to ground – the sensor is connected to the board +5 volt and detects the variable resistance value depending on the temperature
- Max. impedance of 5Kohm analog inputs
- Digital input of reverse button with negative input
- Alarm sound output negative input MAX 500mA
- CAN J1939 BAUD RATE250K transmission protocol
- DTM 12-W Deutsch connectors type A and B
- Customised software with range of set temperatures – operating temperature -40°/+80°C
- Protection level with plugged-in connectors IP67
In a Fan Drive system, the electronic card must control the rotation speed of the hydraulic motor based on the actual dissipation through the cooling system. The signals from the temperature sensors or CAN network are processed by the electronic card which, depending on its settings, controls the rotation speed of the hydraulic motor proportionally and cleans the radiant body by automatically inverting the rotation direction of the motor itself. The software developed and designed for the fan drive function improves the vehicle fuel economy in compliance with eco-sustainability regulations, thus resulting advantageous for both the client and the community. The electronic card is plug and play and reduces the vehicle start-up time and costs.
The hydraulic motor used in this application is from group 2, and we opted for the bi-directional version in order to carry out the radiant mass cleaning function. A standard motor was suitably modified to house a manifold with the following valves integrated:
- Proportional or manual pressure relief valve.
- Anti-cavitation valve.
- Special ON/OFF valve for smooth rotation reversal.
- Integrated bearing for axial and radial loads.
- Pressure tappings for analysis.
- Motor oil drain valve located in the front.
Via F.lli Bandiera, 8 - 44042 Cento (FE)
CF e P.Iva 02002300388
N° iscrizione registro imprese e REA FE – 217409
Capitale sociale interamente versato 100.000 Euro
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm